Saturday, October 31, 2009

Mom, Witches Don't Read!

Every morning before Andrea goes to school we read, do math facts, and go over spelling words. Yesterday was costume day at school. Andrea decided she wanted to be a witch. We borrowed a witch costume from my mom that Grandma Anderson made for Marlyse when she was a little girl and she looked darling.
When it came reading time, Andrea turned to me and said, "Mom, witches don't read." Of course they do! I replied. They have to read the recipes for witches brew and goblin mix. Then it came time to do math facts. Andrea turned to me and said, " Mom, witches don't do math." Of course they do! I replied. They have to know how to count so they will know how much to put in. Then Andrea turned to me and said, "Mom. witches don't spell." Of course they do! I replied again. If they can't spell, they can't read. Finally, I turned to Andrea and said, "Andrea, what do witches do?" "They fly" she said.

1 comment:

Chalisse said...

O she is so funny! I just love her and I have no idea where she comes up with all her sayings.