Sunday, April 26, 2009

D.A.R.E Graduation


Thursday night Jensen graduated from D.A.R.E. I am so proud of him for making good choices. This is his speech:

I learned from the D.A.R.E program that we need to make good choices now because the choices we make now will affect us later in our life. For example: By not drinking alcohol, I am not putting crap in my body that will hurt my liver, brain, memory, and overall functioning.
Tobacco is for wimps. Smoking turns our lungs black. It makes us stink, turns our teeth yellow and it takes seconds of our life away. So basically it's stupid!
Marijuana affects our memory and slows down our reflexes. So why would anyone want to take it?
I am grateful for the D.A.R.E program and hope this program will be around forever so all kids can learn how to make good choices.

1 comment:

Bonnie said...

Excellent speech, Jensen. I just wish all boys your age had the good values that you have. Congratulations on being in D.A.R.E.