Saturday, June 13, 2009

Bear Lake Half Marathon

The best thing about running a half marathon is running it with your friends! Yep that's right, Amie, Jamie and I braved the cool wind and rain to run today in the Bear Lake Half Marathon. This was Bear Lake's second half marathon so I guess it was as good as what could be expected. I really liked the shirts and the course wasn't bad. It was a pretty flat route that wrapped around part of the Bear Lake. My favorite part was seeing the rainbow over the lake. I really didn't care to much for the part where you ran on gravel road since it was raining and the road was kind of muddy. For sure more than 4 port-a-potties should have been placed at the starting line when there are over 700 runners. And the race really should start on time, not start 2 hours later.
Greg did a good job taking pictures and getting drenched in the rain. Here I am again running the final stretch. My time was the worst I ever got 1:52:19. I did run a little slower due to the roads being kind of slippery and I had a gut ache because I ate breakfast at 3:00 this morning and then only had a bite of a bagel while I was waiting (for 2 hours at the starting line because they didn't start it on time) until 7:40 when the marathon started. I hate running when I am hungry :( ! But hey, I still placed 2nd in my age group (a miracle) getting a pretty neat medal and I got to chat for 2 hours at the starting line with my good old friends from work. Next week I'll be running the Wasatch Back Ragnar Relay with more friends. I can't wait!


2 comments:

SJCBCfamily said...

Girl, you are amazing. I can't believe you can run as fast as you can. I'm so sore I can't even bend over. I'm really glad I did the half because I know now that I could never do a full one.
I'll just say again! You amaze me.

Bonnie said...

Congratulations again. You are an inspiration to me. If I was 30 years younger, i would start running again. However, my asthma would prevent me from doing anything too long or too extreme.